Planning & Zoning
NOTICE: STATE PLAN POLICY MAP AMENDMENT HEARING - Nov. 22, 2021 at 6PM via Zoom. WRITTEN COMMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL TO THE TOWNSHIP PLANNER (see contact info to the right) THROUGH 6PM ON NOVEMBER 30, 2021.
The Division of Planning and Zoning held a public hearing virtually commencing at 6:00 pm on Monday, November 22, 2021 via Zoom with call-in option per the information provided herein regarding the inclusion of properties herein identified within the Hooper-Caudina Redevelopment Area within the Hooper Avenue Core-South and the inclusion of Block 199.05, Lots 47 and 48 on Church Road in the Highway Business Zone within the Hooper Avenue Core-North on the State Plan Policy Map of the State Development and Redevelopment Plan. As this item is being heard per the requirements of N.J.A.C. 5:85-1.7b and N.J.A.C. 5:85-8.3, no formal action will be taken.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION GIVEN AT THE VIRTUAL HEARING
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ENTIRE RECORDED VIRTUAL HEARING
While the COVID-19 restrictions are gradually lifting, the precaution of avoiding contact remains valid until the threat is completely over. it is therefore encouraged that applications be mailed to our office along with a check for payment. Plans and documents may be submitted via US Mail, FedEx, UPS or other commercial carrier.
Some limited information can be emailed to the main email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email accounts, however any official survey or engineering documents that are signed and sealed will need to be mailed along with payments.
Thank you for your patience and your perseverance during this prolonged health emergency!
The Division of Planning, Zoning and Community Development includes planning and zoning, conservation, community development and affordable housing. It also provides administrative services to the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment and the Environmental Commission. The purpose of these boards and commissions is to promote and ensure the reasonable and appropriate use of our lands and environmental resources.
The division provides administrative services to the Planning Board, the Zoning Board of Adjustment and the Environmental Commission. The full-time staff of the division includes licensed professional planners and zoning office. This division handles a number of functions, including:
- Review of development applications and variance requests presented to the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Issuance of zoning permits
- Protection of trees under the woodlands management ordinance
- Administration of expenditures made under the Community Development Block Grant Program
- Overall coordination of the Township's affordable housing program
- Preparation and regular update of recommendations regarding the municipal Master Plan and development regulations ordinance
- Coordination with county and state long range planning objectives
- Technical assistance to the Environmental Commission
- Coordination and technical advice regarding economic development and redevelopment in the township including the preparation of redevelopment plans
In many respects, the division is the research and recommendation arm of Township Council, providing information for council in order to assist the process of carrying out the policy objectives of the Township.
- 05-03-2017 Cultural Arts Master Plan Element (PDF)
- 2017 Economic Plan Element (PDF)
- 2017 Toms River Historic Preservation Element (PDF)
- Arts and Culture Master Plan Element (PDF)
- Circulation Plan Element (PDF)
- Community Facilities Element (PDF)
- Conservation, Recreation, and Open Space Element (PDF)
- Economic Development Plan (PDF)
- Goals and Objectives Land Use Element Revised Draft for Public Distribution (PDF)
- Hazard Mitigation Plan (PDF)
- Housing Element and Fair Share Plan (PDF)
- Land Use Element (PDF)
- Municipal Public Access Plan Final (PDF)
- Periodic Reexamination Report and Land Use Plan Update - Part 1 (PDF)
- Reexamination Report Part 1 (PDF)
- Reexamination Report Part 2 (PDF)