The Department of Recreation is responsible for providing a comprehensive public recreation program for the residents of Toms River Township. Under the direction and leadership of Mayor Maurice B. Hill and Members of Township Council, the department continues to offer affordable recreational opportunities for residents of all ages. The department is comprised of five separate divisions:
- Bey Lea Golf Course Utility
- Cultural Affairs
- General Recreation Programs
- Winding River Ice Rink Utility
The department is now offering an expanded summer camp program, family trips, and special events such as the 1st Annual Easter Show. Toms River Township is the only municipality in the State of New Jersey that manages an oceanfront beach, a golf course, an ice rink, and first class playground facilities. Each division is staffed by experienced and dedicated recreation professionals who are devoted to making the Toms River Recreation Department the best public recreation program in the State of New Jersey.
- How/when do I buy a beach badge and what beaches does it cover?
- What are the 2023 Pool and Beach Badge Prices?
- How can I reserve a Kayak permit for 2023?
- Do senior citizens get a discount on beach badge prices?
- Does the Recreation Department coordinate organized sports leagues such as soccer or softball?