- Department Vision
The mission of the Toms River Township Department of Recreation is to enhance the quality of life in Toms River Township by providing the best possible recreational facilities, open natural spaces and programs for its citizens.
Statement of Philosophy
The primary service of the Toms River Township Department of Recreation is to provide opportunities for enriching the lives and meeting the recreational needs of Toms River Township residents. The expressed purpose of the department is to maintain and develop facilities and programs that provide a well-rounded, wholesome program of leisure time activities for the people residing in the community. The department will continually strive to make available to the people public property that has recreational value. The department also recognizes and strives to implement the joint use of public property for the multi-purpose and financial advantages it has for residents of the community.
Goals & Objectives
- Promote community involvement and actively seek input in the planning, operation and participation of the department.
- Allow for an orderly growth, acquisition and development of the physical and natural resources, and to utilize the natural characteristics of the land, when evaluating its potential for parks and recreation purposes.
- Provide training and development courses for all staff and volunteers to help maximize their effectiveness in providing valuable recreational experiences for residents.
- Effectively coordinate the department with other Township departments, organizations, and schools to improve the overall service to the community.
- Offer comprehensive, quality recreational programming aimed at satisfying the needs of varying age levels, physical abilities and special interests.
- Act as a community resource for residents seeking information regarding all recreation and park related programs within Toms River Township and the surrounding area.
- Maintain and improve the appearance and safety of our parks and facilities at the highest level of available resources.
- Provide efficient and effective leadership and coordination for quality recreational and leisure activities for the community.