- Beaches are manned by lifeguards on weekends starting Memorial Day weekend and daily starting June 20. Beach tags required June 20 through Labor Day.
- On weekends between May 23 and June 20, lifeguards will be on duty 9-5.
- Swimming permitted when lifeguards are on duty 9 to 5 weekdays and 10-6 on weekends effective June 20
- Social distancing is both required and mandated this summer on Ortley Beach by Gubernatorial and Mayoral executive orders.
- Passive recreation including beach chairs, blanket, sunbathing, walking and running is permissible.
- Families should remain at least six feet apart from other blankets and chairs.
- Face masks are strongly recommended due to COVID-19 upon entering and exiting beach
- Toms River Police will be patrolling the beach to encourage social distancing among our guests
- No organized group sports/ activities permitted
In compliance with state regulations, capacity will be monitored regularly to determine if it is necessary to reduce or restrict access to specific areas, or the entirety of the beach. If conditions and capacity at the beachfront become unsafe, township officials and/or private beach associations may modify the plan at any time. This may include limiting the amount of daily badges sold on busy days, and possibly limiting access of seasonal and weekly badge holders if the beach is at unsafe capacity.
Fishing is permitted only after bathing hours and in designated areas.
Surfing is only permitted on the North end of the beach during guarding hours. After hours, you can surf anywhere.