Due to the COVID-19 virus, all town buildings are closed to the public until further notice. Plans and documents for the building, zoning or engineering departments may be submitted via US Mail, commercial carrier or use the drop box location at Town Hall. Drop Box is located outside the rear door of Town Hall, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, where the parking deck is located. Drop box documents shall be in an enclosed envelope or mailing bag identified with block/lot/address/recipient department.
THE CONSTRUCTION PERMIT DEPARTMENT OPERATIONS WILL CONTINUE AS FOLLOWS:
- Inspection requests are limited to new construction, lateral additions, and outdoor inspections only. These inspection requests may be phoned in or scheduled through the SDL Portal.
- Interior and occupied building inspections will be scheduled at a later date, watch for updates on the Township Website.
- Payments by check or money order must be sent via US Mail or commercial carrier. Do not use the drop box for payments.
- Electronic payments are available over the phone via credit card. Convenience fee applies. 2.65% for credit card($3.00 minimum).
- Permit receipts, documents and permit placard will be mailed. Upon receipt of placard, inspections types listed above may be scheduled.
- Critical documents such as a Certificate of Occupancy will be sent via email followed by hard copy sent by US Mail.
- Questions should be directed to 732-341-1000 extension 8320.