Area hospitals have available beds and ventilators at this time. The hospitals are reporting that the number of admissions are decreasing. Many of the area hospitals are starting to schedule elective surgical procedures and treatments. Please contact your physician if you have previously scheduled procedures that were cancelled due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
Ocean County- 8683 COVID 19 positive cases, Toms River- 1501 COVID 19 positive cases. The figures for Ocean County and Toms River are cumulative. 440 patients are still COVID 19 positive. 103 of the COVID 19 + cases are in nursing homes located in Toms River. The remaining 337 positive cases are located at 279 addresses. There was a slight increase in COVID 19 cases they are in a smaller number of addresses which means that other individuals have tested positive but they are in less locations. Overall the numbers have been coming down which is a good sign.
The test site WILL REMAIN at Ocean County College will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday (weather permitting) from 9-1. PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN HOURS FOR THE OCC SITE. First Responders will be tested from 8:15-8:30. There is a second test site opening at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on Mule Road, Berkeley Township (contact Rite Aid for information 732-914-1470). REMEMBER- if you are having symptoms you need to make an appointment online at: www.ochd.org AND have a prescription from a physician
Friday May 29th 11-12:30
- Citta Elementary School
- Walnut Elementary School
- East Dover Elementary School
- South Toms River Elementary School
- 3rd Ave. Parking Lot, Ortley Beach
Friday May 29th 2-4
- First Assembly of God Church 800 Bay Ave
Saturday May 30th 10-12
- Alive Again Alliance Church, 1060 Church Road
- Monday through Friday- The Ocean County YMCA will continue its crisis relief food box distribution, through its partnership with Fulfill and the Toms River Regional Schools. The YMCA has been designated as a food distribution center by the federal government and will provide meals for students during the summer. Registration is required, with one box per family. The distribution is from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. You can register here for the YMCA distribution.
Note: Parks and the Bey Lea Golf Course and tennis and pickle ballcourts are open. Playground equipment, basketball courts and restrooms will remain closed.