What if I have a tax lien on my property and want to pay it off?

You must be a party with legal interest in the property in order to redeem a lien, i.e. the owner, attorney for the owner or mortgage holder. To redeem an outstanding lien you must request a redemption statement in writing. Verbal requests are not accepted. The request must include:

  • The block and lot number
  • Lien certificate number
  • The date that payment will be received by the Tax Collector
  • Your contact information including your daytime phone number


You may fax your request to the Tax Collector at 732-505-1886.


Township of Toms River Tax Collector
P.O. Box 607
Toms River, NJ 08754

When the Request is Received

Upon receipt of your request for a redemption amount, the Tax Collector will provide the redemption statement as quickly as possible. The preparation of a redemption statement takes time and will not be available immediately. Please allow enough time when requesting redemptions for the preparation and delivery of the redemption statement

Show All Answers

1. What tax deductions are available?
2. What state rebate programs are available?
3. Why do I mail my tax payments to Boston?
4. What do I do if my mortgage has been paid off or my mortgage company that pays my taxes has changed?
5. What do I do if my mortgage company pays my taxes and I received an original tax bill?
6. What if I use an online or telephone payment service from my bank to pay my taxes?
7. What is the address to mail overnight payments or inquiries?
8. How can I pay my taxes?
9. When are tax bills mailed?
10. When are tax payments due?
11. How do I change my mailing address?
12. What if I have a tax lien on my property and want to pay it off?
13. What if my tax payment is late?
14. What if I didn’t receive or misplaced my bill?
15. Failure to Receive a Bill
16. What are my Tax payment options?